How I Work Full Time + Run A Business
Hi, I’m Dr. Tiffany Shelton Mariolle, The Manifesting Psychologist and Founder of modAmbition!
Is working a full time job and running your side business breaking your soul? Let me help you build a new foundation and maintain your joy along the way.
Are you searching for ways to make juggling a full-time job and a side business easier?
By the end of this episode, you will know how I handle working full time and building my business modAmbition on the side.
*insert picture here*
Quickly, I want to let you know that this episode is brought to you by my company modAmbition and the modAmbition planner is LIVE on Kickstarter!
This goal planner is infused with a goal-getting workbook to help grown women manifest big goals, along with thorough planning pages that will guide you to productively achieve them all.
Please visit the Kickstarter link below if you don’t want to miss out. I put my heart into designing a luxury planner to help ambitious women have it all, without the overwhelm!
And I’m certain you’re going to love it. So again please check it out at the links below!
Cheers to having it all!
Why I Choose To Do Both:
- I love what I do in my corporate job
- I want to build something without the pressure of needing it to survive
- I continue to learn and challenge myself as a psychologist and writer.
- Invest the money I make from working to invest into the initial stages of my business. (Example: fundings ads for our Kickstarter to get the word out and paying for business education)
Big Magic author, Elizabeth Gilbert, did the same.
So excuse my last Béyoncé reference, but let’s get into how you manage to work and running a business without it breaking your soul.
We will be using the third modAmbition pillar to having it all. The 3 modAmbition Pillars to having it all without the overwhelm is Plan. Prepare. And Execute.
Let’s look at each of the tenets within this pillar to understand my approach to working full time and running a business.
ONE: Routines and Systems
- I use my modAmbition planner to create habits and routines to support my goals. This is all laid out in the goal planner, which can be very helpful if you want to organize all your routines in one space
- Create systems from the beginning, which makes things easier for you and future team members
- Get support easy especially if you can pay someone lower than your hourly rate
- Run your business in a way that prepares you to eventually quit your job.
- Profit First
TWO: Time Optimization and Acceptance
- Have boundaries with both your job and business
- Decide when you will not work
- Regularly prioritize. One of the features I love about the modAmbition planner is how it prompts you to prioritize on all the different types of planning pages, so you are constantly focused on the most important things.
- Time Blocking and Batch Days
- Have a job that is based on deliverables not time (salary jobs) or flexible hours
- Time Acceptance means accepting the time you do have and knowing that some things will take longer than if you were only working on your business. It’s important to know your limitations.
THREE: Make it Pretty and Peaceful
- Prioritize your vibe for a sustainable hustle.
- Make your work environment conducive to being productive and building a successful business.