How to Meal Plan Like A Boss
Hi, I’m Dr. Tiffany Shelton Mariolle, The Manifesting Psychologist and Founder of modAmbition!
Ever had a frantic day that drains all your brain power, only to find at the end of the day you have to painfully squeeze out a little brain power and energy think about getting dinner on the table?
If you’re tired of the frantic mess that is throwing dinner together at the last minute listen to this episode to learn how to go from frayed to empowered at dinner time.
By the end of this episode, you will know my current meal planning system that incorporates all the tenets of the modAmbition Plan pillar so you can feel more at ease at meal time!
Meal planning is one of those things that has a profound effect on helping you feel less overwhelmed. I like to sit down with my planner on Fridays and plan out our week’s meal adjusting for what I have going on that week.
And of course speaking of planners, that’s one of the many things I love about the modAmbition planner, you don’t have to choose between monthly, weekly, and daily planning which drastically reduces brain space and not to mention overwhelm.
And you guys, I’m hoping that you are just as excited for this planner as I am. You can finally sign up for yours and see everything it has to offer at https://signup.modambition.com/
This episode is brought to you by modAmbition.
With modern planners and business accessories, we help ambitious women have it all in style and without the overwhelm.
Visit modAmbition.com to shop our collection of luxury planners, office supplies, and organizational tools designed for chic women with big goals.
And sign up for the modAmbition success subscription, a quarterly package to help you put having it all on autopilot with quarterly planner refills and curated modAmbition products.
Cheers to having it all!
Prework and essentials: Whiteboard, Recipe Binder
- “Mama is tired” meals
- “Fancy” Meals
- “In between Rachel Ray” meals
Consider the modAmbition planning pillar which starts with intention and values:
- Think about your intention and values for meal planning
- Is it to be healthier
- Is it to save time
- Save energy
- Reduce anxiety during the week
- What lights you up thinking about the effects of meal planning
ONE: Set a weekly time to meal plan that works for you
TWO: The second tenet of the modAmbition planning pillar is Prioritize and Organize which leads me into: Look at what you have going on for the week
- Prioritize easy meals for those busy days, cue the Rachel Ray recipes
- And be sure to prioritize “mama is tired” meals for those days you most likely be exhausted.
How to Organize the Meal Planning
1. Let’s talk about your recipe binder
- “Mama is tired” meals, “Fancy” Meals, “In between Rachel Ray” meals
- Gather these over time from your favorite websites, blogs, social media recipes, and cook books
- Print out all the recipes and organize into these three tabs
- Then within these tabs I like to add sub-categories of healthy, comfort meals, and vegan
- You may want to use the subcategories of the seasons
2. Then using your binder and planner, fill in the days of the week on white board:
- Grocery List
3. Meal Prep: I like to meal prep on Sundays during the kids naps.
- Mason jar salads
- Veggie prep
- Smoothie prep
THREE: And the last tenet of the modAmbition planning pillar is Boundaries and Flexibility
- “We make plans and God Laughs”
- Understand that flexibility is apart of meal planning, be easy on yourself