“Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.”
DAILY NON-NEGOTIABLES - 14 Tiny Habits to Change Your Life
It can sometimes feel like life is pulling you in a million different directions. Maybe you’ve even tried to prioritize but obligations and to-dos still feel overwhelming or stressful.
Daily non-negotiobles are truly the answer to help you feel grounded, productive, and taken care of on a daily basis. These tiny habits are like a placeholder for what’s most important to you in life, so you don’t get overtaken by the hustle and bustle of life.
And my daily non-negotiable habits help me put intentionally living on auto-pilot. So let me ask you a question… are you living life or is life living you?
Today I’ll be sharing my 14 daily non-negotiable and tiny habits that have changed my life for the better. I hope these inspire you to implement your own non-negotiable habits that can help you avoid overwhelm, burnout, and just flailing through life.
And perhaps you can view these tiny habits as the building blocks of an intentional life and lean fully into living your life on purpose.
Let’s jump in.
ONE: Success loves company.
The first set of habits may be the most important ones I offer you and can best be described as, “Success loves company”. Ever heard the old adage that misery loves company. The good news is it works in reverse as well. And it’s not only true about people, it’s true about everything including how we start our day. And you’ve likely seen evidence of this in your own life. Ever had a morning that started off rough and the whole day seemed to keep getting worse like a domino effect. Similarly, you’ve probably had those mornings that the birds are singing, you’re feeling motivated, and that energy just follows you throughout the day.
So if you can start your day with tiny habits that breed happiness, motivation, and wellness, you will naturally attract more of that within your entire day.
So here are some ridiculously easy habits that will help you start the day off right.
- Get the Worm - Waking up early, especially being a mom, is a game changer. For me not only does the early bird get the worm, but she gets time for herself to maintain her sanity. It’s so much of a non-negotiable for me that even if my toddler wakes up early I send her butt right back to bed until her green light comes on which is 6:30. This is my time to get my Spirit and mind right before answer to others and it helps start the day on the right food.
- Gives me a sense of pride for accomplishing it, and it also gives a spark of joy throughout the day.
Wayne Dyer said, “When you’re connected to the power of intention, everywhere you go, and everyone you meet, is affected by you and the energy you radiate. As you become the power of intention, you’ll see your dreams being fulfilled almost magically, and you’ll see yourself creating huge ripples in the energy fields of others by your presence and nothing more.”
- And if you have the modAmbition planner this is built into the daily planning pages so you don’t even have to think about it.
- Next is to get more done by doing less. Another non-negotiable habit that is infused into the modAmbition planner is setting my daily priorities. - Set priorities based on your goals and you will find that you more focused and therefore able to get more done by doing less
TWO: Build on your strong morning foundation.
My next group of habits help me capitalize on the momentum I built in the morning. These productivity habits help me make the most of my time and energy.
Give your brain a break.
As a neuropsychologist, I’m acutely aware that as we work, our brain fatigues. Especially our prefrontal cortex that is responsible for decision making, concentrating, and resisting impulses. According to an article from the University of North Caroline, “For this reason, while it may seem counterintuitive, taking regular breaks can actually help you be more productive than working without stopping. Effective breaks can help to reduce your stress levels so that you’re ready to re-focus when you return to your work. Taking breaks while studying can even improve recall!”
- So I like to use use the Pomodoro method, and my breaks are non-negotiable. Not only do they help me be more productive when I return to working, but they are crucial for my mental health. And bonus points for going outside in nature for your break.
- Next, this is for my neurodivergent Queens out there, if you aren’t using a physical visual timer you are missing out.
- Avoid phone timers because trust me you will just magically end up on social media.
- And finally when it comes to non-negotiable productivity habits, using batch days in my schedule is no brainer for me. So I use a combination of task batching and time blocking. You probably know that the most energy to do a task is getting started so if you can avoid restarting similar tasks on different occasions and instead do them all together and only have to start once, it will save you time and energy.
- Whether you are intrapreneur baddie climbing the corporate ladder, or an entrepreneur baddie building an empire, the modAmbition planner was specifically designed to help you time block and batch with ease so you can have a strategic birds eye view on what you need to get done in the most productive way possible.
- Whatever tool you use, making this a habit will save you so much time in your life
THREE: The next building block for living an intentional life are habits that help you enjoy your environment.
These tidy habits will help you say goodbye to overstimulation and hello to peace and tranquility.
FOUR: The fourth building block for a fabulously intentional life are mindset habits that keep will keep on track with your values, intentions, and desires.
You can think of these non-negotiable mindset habits as the engine keeping the train going. Without these, all the rest are mute.
Wishing you joy as you build your beautiful intentional life, and until next time, Cheers to planning, manifesting, and enjoying your dream life and until next time Namaste!